Our Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) program has been designed to help organizations and unions mitigate growing challenges and costs associated with high-risk behaviors.
Our Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs) are registered physicians, social workers, psychologists, certified addictions counsellors, registered psychotherapists and certified EAP professionals with experience in addictions. To train and develop our SAPs we follow “gold standard” models for SAP services established by the U.S. Department of Transportation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Committee, and the Canadian Model. We work with all of our customers to ensure that the SAP and the Clinical Manager are providing services appropriate for the unique organizational culture, as well as the requirements of your Alcohol and Drug Policies.
Our Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs) are registered psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, certified addictions counsellors, and certified EAP professionals with experience in addictions.
We ensure that all of our Substance Abuse Professionals:
- are properly credentialed – assessments can stand up in a court of law if required;
- have the experience needed to conduct a professional assessment;
- understand the unique difficulties substance use disorders pose in the workplace;
- have the background in the community to refer employees/workers for the appropriate treatment; and
- make the appropriate relapse prevention recommendations for return-to-work.
OUR PROCESS Our SAPs follow established and tested protocols to ensure we uphold the highest standards in North America. Standardized assessment tools ensure that employees or workers with substance use disorders are identified quickly and receive referrals for appropriate treatment, and that all safety, legislative and policy requirements are met.